Download the 2023 North Country Arts Festival schedule via Google Drive
2023 Potsdam PorchFest
Porchfest is a national, community-based music and arts event where local musicians, artists, and performers volunteer to showcase their talents on the porches, lawns, and outdoor spaces of residences in a neighborhood. Porchfest creates a decentralized and inclusive music opportunity that brings people together, promotes local creativity, and fosters a sense of community.
This year, art vendors will also be featured throughout the neighborhood:
Brenda Maxson will be outside of the Pert House, Seaway Ceramics will be outside of the Potsdam Food Co-Op, Holly Chorba and Virginia Burnett at 6 Lawrence Avenue, and Esthela Calderón at 3 Chestnut.
About the NoCo Arts Fest
The North Country Arts Festival brings the North Country community together to celebrate the arts. This 10-day, county-wide event encourages tourism and economic activity throughout St. Lawrence County by showcasing our arts industry, a critical component of our regional identity. Popular events, such as PorchFest, the Ives Park Concert Series, and new events like Arts Wellness days and a Plein Air Festival will be held within the time-frame of the NoCo Arts Fest, as well as lots of events held by our partners and friends across the county!
Your contribution supports not only the continuation of the North Country Arts Festival but all ongoing programs and services SLC Arts provides the North Country community!
2023 North Country Arts Festival Schedule
August 24 – September 2, 2023
- Thursday, August 24: Art After Dark 51st Anniversary Blue Sapphire Fundraiser (5:00pm, The Stables at Windy Point, Potsdam)
- Friday, August 25: Plein Air Workshop (9:00am, St. Lawrence Nurseries, Potsdam); TAUNY Folklife Celebration (4:00pm, Village Green, Canton)
- Saturday, August 26: Madrid Music on Porches by Madrid Dam Music Series (3:00pm, Downtown Madrid); Ives Park Concert Series feat. Miss Angie’s Music, Installation by North Country Children’s Museum, and Cinema 10 Showing of Labyrinth (6:00pm, Ives Park, Potsdam)
- Sunday, August 27: Arts Wellness Day (9:00am, Ives Park, Potsdam)
- Monday, August 28: Art/Work Speaker Series feat. Josh Barkley (6:00pm, Potsdam Public Library)
- Tuesday, August 29: Remington Plein Air Talk and Tea (2:00pm, Frederic, Remington Museum, Ogdensburg); Poetry with Purpose feat. Talking Rivers (6:00pm, Potsdam Public Library)
- Wednesday, August 30: Environment, Health, and the Body in Traditional Paintings from Contemporary India Exhibit Opening (4:30 pm, St. Lawrence University’s Brush Gallery, Canton)
- Thursday, August 31: Creatives Rebuild New York Artist Meet and Greet (6:00pm, SLC Arts: 45 Market Street, Potsdam)
- Friday, September 1: Pop-Up Solo Exhibiton feat. Lacy Wood (11:00am, Five Elements Living, Colton); Regional Arts Celebration (4:o0pm, Dobisky Visitors’ Center, Ogdensburg)
- Saturday, September 2: Potsdam Porchfest and Art Market (12:00pm, Downtown Potsdam); Ives Park Concert Series feat. Sunflo’er, and Cinema 10 Showing of Raiders of the Lost Ark (6:00pm, Ives Park, Potsdam)
Throughout the Festival:
Thank you to our sponsors!
SLC Arts is developing an exciting new plein air opportunity for local artists in partnership with Cornell Cooperative Extension of St. Lawrence County!
SLC Arts will be scheduling plein air painting days at various farms and food businesses during the NoCo Arts Festival. Each location will be assigned one day during this time where painters can gather and paint the scenery on-site. Then, during Cornell Cooperative Extension’s Local Foods Weekend (Sept 8-10) the finished paintings will be displayed on-site for the public to view during farm tours. After the food weekend, the artwork will be gathered for a joint exhibit at the Potsdam Town Hall showcasing all the pieces painted during the festival, and First, Second, and Third Place prizes will be awarded (sponsored by Lionheart Graphics and participating farm hosts).
August 24 – September 2
Artwork displayed on site:
September 8 – 10
Art displayed at Potsdam Town Hall:
September 13 – 22
Reception and Awards:
Thursday, Aug 24: Birdsfoot Farm, Canton
Friday, Aug 25: St. Lawrence Nurseries, Potsdam
Saturday, Aug 26: littleGrasse Foodworks, Canton
Sunday, Aug 27: Angel Acres Farm, De Kalb Junction
Monday, Aug 28: Adon Farms, Potsdam
Tuesday, Aug 29: Canton Apples, Canton
Wednesday, Aug 30: Wildwood Hills Farm, Colton
Thursday, Aug 31: Trout and Heron, West Potsdam
Friday, Sept 1: Bittersweet Farm, Heuvelton
Saturday, Sept 2: Tuckers Black Angus Ranch, North Lawrence