“North Country Makers Meet-Ups” are monthly get-togethers for artists and other creative people in the North Country. The goals of the monthly meet-ups are socialization, discussion about life as a creative person in the North Country, and the formation of workgroups to accomplish common goals. Meet-ups are free and open to everyone.
– January – Potsdam Town Hall/SLC Arts Gallery – Monday, January 29th, 7-9pm
– February – The TAUNY Center, 53 Main Street, Canton – Saturday, February 24, 2pm – March – The Make & Take, 1000 Linden Street, Suite B, Ogdensburg (Abigail 315-229-8406) – Monday, March 12, 6-8p – April – Potsdam Town Hall/SLC Arts Gallery – Wednesday, April 11, 7-9pm – May – Martha Grow’s calligraphy studio, 1310B County Route 53, Brasher Falls NY 13613 – Wednesday, May 16, 6:30pm; cancelled, moved to Potsdam Ives Park due to family emergency – June – Potsdam Town Hall/SLC Arts Gallery, 18 Elm St – Wednesday, June 13, 7-9pm – July – Mary Holland’s, 365 Hanson Rd, Colton – Tuesday, July 17, 7pm; on Google Maps, find “MaryGwyneth”: https://goo.gl/maps/PLprWGPhN3r – August – Wednesday, August 29, 7-9pm, Ives Park, 3 Riverside Dr, Potsdam (or rain location: room 125, SLC Arts, 41 Elm St, Potsdam)
– September – Tuesday, September 25 from 6-8pm, Norwood Public Library, 1 Morton Street
– October – Monday, October 15, 7-9pm, Potsdam Town Hall, 18 Elm Street
– November – Tuesday, November 27, 6-7:30p, Norwood Public Library, 1 Morton Street
Ideas for 2019 Meet-ups:
January: Share what you are planning for the year personally, artistically, and in this group. February: Planning for summer craft fairs and vending. Share your tips, ask questions, get organized. March: Mary Holland will be leading us in some drawing exercises to keep us (and our pencils) sharp.