SLC Arts owns lighting studio equipment which is currently housed at Potsdam Public Library’s Cleveland Computer Center on the basement level of 2 Park Street. This lighting equipment for photography and film was purchased by SLC Arts thanks to the generosity of individual donors and a grant from the Grasseroots Fund.
Exploring Studio Lighting with Greg Kie
- Saturday October 27 from 1-3
- Thursday November 8 from 5:30 – 7:30
- Register: 315 – 265-6860 or email: email@example.com
Equipment Demos with Jim Bullard
Maximum learners per class is 5; registration is required:
Thursday, May 17, 4-5pCANCELLED 5/17 – please watch for this event to be rescheduled.
Reserve time to use the equipment independently
- Fill out a room reservation form at https://www.potsdamlibrary.org/reserve, or ask for a paper form in person at the Potsdam Public Library. Request the Multi-Purpose Room. It is strongly recommended that you take the Lighting Studio demo prior to reserving the equipment independently so you are familiar with safe handling of the equipment.
- After your form is submitted and reviewed, library staff will contact you. Let them know you want to use the lighting studio equipment.
- After Library Director approval, a copy of your room reservation agreement will be shared with SLC Arts.
- After you are finished using the room and equipment, fill out a survey.
Inventory of equipment
– in 2 black bags: 2 sets of 2 dimmable 500-LED Photo-Video Light Panels
– in 1 black bag: 10 foot high adjustable backdrop frame, wall hooks to hang backdrop rod instead of using tripod legs for backdrop if desired (reduces set-up time)
– panels to block excess light from windows
– in plastic bin: black backdrop, white backdrop, 6 black plastic muslin clamps, 4 rubber-tipped steel clamps, baggie with 6 hooks for hanging rail
– in black bag: light tent cube for small 3-D objects
– folding stepstool
– hanging rail
It is recommended that photographers bring their own:
– camera, with polarizing lens if needed
– fishing line to suspend 2D artwork (hooks & hanging rail are provided)
– drapes for tables for 3D objects
– custom colors of backdrops if something other than black or white is desired
The following items may be borrowed with advance notice:
– columns for displaying 3D work
– digital camera