SLC Arts builds community identity by fostering dialogue between diverse groups, inspires creativity and innovative thinking, and empowers self-expression and growth. As the only arts council in St. Lawrence County recognized by the New York State Council on the Arts*, we offer unique services to community members, local artists, and local arts organizers!
Here are a few highlights of what your donations did for the North Country in 2018:
- Special Arts for Special Needs brought hands-on arts experiences to over 100 children, teens, and adults with developmental disabilities in Massena, Ogdensburg, and Potsdam.
- The work of 38 SLC Arts member-artists was showcased at a new location, the St. Lawrence Centre in Massena! The annual SLC Arts Member Show reached new community audiences, free of charge to gallery visitors, bringing local art to everyone in an approachable way.
- In addition to programs directly organized by SLC Arts, over 10,000 additional individuals and 700 artists in St. Lawrence, Lewis, and Jefferson counties engaged in community arts experiences funded through state grants we distribute. Programs including concert series, hands-on workshops, and youth theater camps, served communities including Canton, Colton, DeKalb Junction, Heuvelton, Norwood, Massena, Morristown, Potsdam, Waddington, and Wanakena.
- The SLC Arts Lighting Studio helped community members and artists explore ways to use artificial lighting to take photographs through seven free hands-on workshops.
- In its third year, North Country Makers’ Meet-ups explored the challenges, opportunities, and ideas of creative people in the North Country through monthly artist-facilitated discussions in Canton, Colton, Norwood, Ogdensburg, and Potsdam.
Help us to continue our mission to promote collaboration within the arts community, and encourage public and private support of and involvement in the arts, throughout St. Lawrence County and the surrounding region, by joining SLC Arts, renewing your commitment as a member-donor, or giving an additional donation in any amount.
Thank you for your support!
*SLC Arts is the only entity in St. Lawrence County receiving General Operating Support rather than program-specific support from the State & Local Partnerships (SLP) department, the part of NYSCA that funds arts councils and arts centers.
Basic – $25/year or Student – $10/semester
- that “warm glow” you get from giving to a charity that supports local community!
- significantly discounted rates on SLC Arts community classes
- members-only opportunities for artists
- free hour of facilities rental
- discounted rates on advertising in SLC Arts Quarterly
- SLC Arts Quarterly newsletter subscription
- SLC Arts vinyl decal (pictured)
Friend – $50/year
- all the benefits of Basic level, plus…
- Fine Art Up North calendar (pictured)
- name recognition in annual donor list
Supporter – $100/year
Sponsor – $150/year
Benefactors, Sustainers, and Patrons – $300, $500, $1,000/year
Make your donation by check:
Download this form & mail it to:
SLC Arts | PO BOX 252 | Potsdam, NY 13676