What is #GivingTuesday?
A global day of giving, celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving. But you don’t have to wait to give. Make a donation, of any amount, right now by clicking the image above.
SLC Arts builds community identity by fostering dialogue between diverse groups, inspires creativity and innovative thinking, and empowers self-expression and growth. As the only arts council in St. Lawrence County recognized by the New York State Council on the Arts*, we offer unique services to community members, local artists, and local arts organizers!
In 2017, thanks to the support of our member-donors we were able to:
- connect 279 local artists directly with the North Country community through community arts classes, festivals, and exhibits;
- provide access to over 15,000 community members who participated directly in our live events;
- host 97 hours of community arts classes;
- provide 170 hours of Special Arts for Special Needs programming;
- organize 11 festivals & cultural events and 13 art exhibits across St. Lawrence County—all free and open to the public;
- and distribute $71,400 in state grant funding to 27 community arts programs in a three-county area.
Help us to continue our mission to promote collaboration within the arts community, and encourage public and private support of and involvement in the arts, throughout St. Lawrence County and the surrounding region, by joining SLC Arts, renewing your commitment as a member-donor, or giving an additional donation in any amount.
Thank you for your support!
*SLC Arts is the only entity in St. Lawrence County receiving General Operating Support rather than program-specific support from the State & Local Partnerships (SLP) department, the part of NYSCA that funds arts councils and arts centers.
Basic – $25/year or Student – $10/semester
- that “warm glow” you get from giving to a charity that supports local community!
- significantly discounted rates on SLC Arts community classes
- members-only opportunities for artists
- free hour of facilities rental
- discounted rates on advertising in SLC Arts Quarterly
- SLC Arts Quarterly newsletter subscription
- SLC Arts vinyl decal (pictured)
Friend – $50/year
- all the benefits of Basic level, plus…
- Fine Art Up North calendar (pictured)
- name recognition in annual donor list
Supporter – $100/year
Sponsor – $150/year
Benefactors, Sustainers, and Patrons – $300, $500, $1,000/year
Make your donation by check:
Download this form & mail it to:
SLC Arts | PO BOX 252 | Potsdam, NY 13676