SLC Arts: Local art for everyone
SLC Arts promotes collaboration within the arts community, and encourages public and private support of and involvement in the arts, throughout St. Lawrence County and the surrounding region.
SLC Arts is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization located in Potsdam, St. Lawrence County, New York State.
Originally incorporated on August 31, 1972 as the Arts and Humanities Council of the St. Lawrence Valley, then reincorporated as the Tri-County Arts Council on March 17, 1989, and amended to the St. Lawrence County Arts Council on July 18, 1997.
- Suzy McBroom, Executive Director
- Jennifer Henry, Program Coordinator
- Alicia Murphy, Regrants & Community Engagement Coordinator
- Steven Sauter, Operations Assistant
- Catherine LaPointe Vollmer, Marketing & Graphic Design
Board of Directors
- Mark Scott (President) was Clarkson University’s 2013 Entrepreneur of the Year, and lives in and owns three businesses in Waddington, NY. His Artworks Creperie Café hosts and sells the work of area artisans in downtown Waddington. Mark served as Waddington Town Supervisor from 2012–2013. Term: 2012–2014, 2015-2017
- Geoffrey van der Woude (Vice President) Term: 2017–2019
- Tom Plastino (Treasurer) has been in the economic development “business” since about 1978. In April 2012. he began to work for the St. Lawrence Co. Industrial Development Agency (IDA) as its Deputy CEO and Chief Financial Officer. In his spare time, he serves as the Treasurer of the St. Lawrence County Housing Council. He has served as an adjunct instructor at Clarkson University for two years. Tom happens to be an electrician by trade, holds a collection of degrees from the University of Notre Dame, and has taken courses at two other universities. None of his education has any apparent relevance to what he does for a living. Term: 2012–2014, 2015-2017
- Romi Sebald (Secretary) of Norwood is the Collections Manager for The Art Museum at SUNY Potsdam and a SUNY Potsdam Fine Art alumna. In her spare time, she enjoys primitive folk art forms, such as rag rugs and sawdust dolls. Term: 2014–2016, 2017-2019
- David Crowell. Term: 2016-2018
- Mary Holland Term: 2017-2019
- Theresa Samways is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker dedicated to working with people who have made a commitment to their health and personal growth. She works as a Counselor at Clarkson University and runs an individual and family counseling private practice in Potsdam. She also has a background in art and enjoys making art and advocating for local and public artworks. Term: 2015–2017
- Tanya Spicer. Term: 2016-2018